Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Office Part 2

Time goes by way too fast!  I realized I still haven't finished telling about the office facelift and here I am getting ready to do another room.  I better repent and tell the rest of the story before I start the new one!

So, after Evan came home, he went to work as usual, but had to find his things that had been placed all over the house.  He didn't complain, but I think there was the question in there somewhere about didn't I keep track of where I put stuff when I took it out of the office? 

That evening, he got out the flooring we had purchased before he left and the saw and started laying his own wood floor.  I'm glad he did that since I would have been terrified to cut the flooring myself.  It took him a couple of days.  It looks really nice with the green walls and cream colored trim and ceiling.  Now, with the new desk, the new colors, and much less stuff in there, it looks more inviting and like a place Evan would want to be.  He put some pictures up that he liked and replaced some shelves with a closing corner cabinet.  He also put in a window seat and someday hope to put in a new club chair with some orange or red for the "pop" effect. 








I've decided that I like this changing up the rooms thing.  It's fun to have a "new" room!  The next project will be the family room.  The one room that started this whole thing in the first place.  It is a huge room so we wanted to do some of the smaller rooms first since we didn't have the time, energy, or money to start on the family room first.  Now, it is time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment